Monday, March 1, 2010

BRICK-NOT ICK!


So of course, I didn't blog for the past couple of days...life got in the way. My tri training is ramping up and I'm so excited! I will be trying to log everyday, but unsure if I will get it EVERY day :) I'm sure everyone understands...

Yesterday was a great day! I did a triple brick with some of my tri buddies...a brick is a back to back workout of whatever sport you are doing...so for us, we did 30 min bike riding, 15 min run, 3 times thru! WHEW, it was a butt kicker! We worked very hard!
I tried to eat as good as possible for adequate recovery and muscle building. So I had yummy carbs...here was the low down:

FOOD DURING TRI- 1 BANANA, 1 WRAP

MEAL 1- BLUEBERRY BAGEL, 1.5 C SKIM CHOCOLATE MILK, 1/2 SCOOP PROTEIN POWDER (YUM)
MEAL 2- OATS AND EGGS - CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT
MEAL 3- 1 CUP STRAWBERRIES, BANANA IN A LOW CARB WRAP W/ PB
MEAL 4- 4 OZ GROUND TURKEY, LETTUCE TACO SALAD- 2 AWESOME SUGAR COOKIES MY HUBBY BROUGHT HOME!
MEAL 5- LOW CARB WRAP W/ PB, 1 CUP COTTAGE CHEESE

LOTS OF WATER, ABOUT 120 OZ!

MY WORKOUT BURNED ABOUT 2100 CAL

It was a great day and I look forward to next Sunday...we get to do this 3 more times!!!!!

HAPPY SPRING!

1 comment: